Sunday, April 10, 2011

8 secrets of success

Passion : To love your work is essential. The motivation to do your work has to be personal and not financial.
Work : To work hard is also essential. Nothing come down easily. And, if you love your work (passion), you will have much easiness to do it.
Good : If you have any talent, it is better. And if you haven't any talent, try to be good in one way.
Focus : This notion is close to the last one. Focusing one thing, one ability or one idea is important to success.
Push : you have to be hard with yourself, to "push" yourself to do great things : leave your shyness, your doubts, your apprehensions…
Serve : You always have to serve. If you work in a "social" work, you have to serve other peoples. And if you want to become a lonely wolf and earn a lot of money… you have to serve others too, offering something they need.
Ideas : Have ideas is very important. If you have ideas, you have great chances to success.
Persist : Persist is essential. You have to resist to the different difficulties you can meet. It's the key of success.

I hesitate a long time between "Good" and "Ideas". I think all the "secrets" quoted by Richard St. John are good ways to success, but, if I have to choose one that can be mine, I'll choose "good". I don't have a brilliant talent in something, at least, I don't think so. But I'm creative, I have a great imagination. I like write stories since I'm young, I don't remember when I've begun to write exactly. I have written many stories, for different reasons and from many genres.
At school or at university, when teachers asked us to write a short story, I was enthusiastic ! And I was enthusiastic because I always had good marks for theses works. Most of the time, my professors like my handwriting, my style. In English, it's probably not so great and pleasant, but, in French, it seems to be nice.
Teachers are not my only ones readers. I regularly post Role-plays on internet… in a game forum for example. I really like Role-playing and create a history for your character is both fun and important according to me.
At free time, I'm trying to complete and entire novel I started few years ago. And this year, for my cinema option, I had to write a scenario for a short film. It's another kind of writing, but I tried and it was good.
I think I'm rather good at writing because I take the time to think about all that make a story : I think about characters, I think about surrounding, I can spend one hour to work on a sentence because I don't like it…
I focus all the points you have to look for writing a good story and I think that make me good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment